Home           Contact us           FAQs           
 
   Journal Page   |   Aims & Scope   |   Author Guideline   |   Editorial Board   |   Search
    Abstract
2012 (Vol. 4, Issue: 1)
Article Information:

Diagnosis of Infectious Bronchitis Disease in Broiler Chickens by Serological Test (ELISA) and RT-PCR in Duhok

Dyar Adil Morad AL-Barwary and Amer Abdallah Goreal
Corresponding Author:  AL-Barwary, D.A.M. 

Key words:  Chickens, ELISA and RT-PCR, Infectious Bronchitis Virus (IBV), , , ,
Vol. 4 , (1): 71-75
Submitted Accepted Published
2011 December, 27 2012 January, 28 2012 February, 15
Abstract:

Infectious Bronchitis (IB) is one of the most important viral diseases of poultry and it causes major economic losses in poultry industry. The study was conducted to detect Infectious Bronchitis virus (IBV) in broilers chicken farms in Duhok Governorate. To achieve this goal two tests have been used throughout the study protocol Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) and Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR). One hundred and eighty Serum samples were collected from 11 chicken farms including (120) samples from 9 symptomatic non vaccinated chicken farms, (30) samples from one asymptomatic vaccinated chicken farm and another (30) samples from one asymptomatic non vaccinated chicken farm and screened for the presence of IBV antibodies by ELISA kit. The total RNAs were extracted from tracheal tissues using RNX TM-Plus reagent (Cinnagen,Iran). Eighty serum samples were positive: 50/120 (41.6%) sample were symptomatic non vaccinated, another 30/30 (100%) were asymptomatic vaccinated chickens samples, and the remaining samples (100) were negative by ELISA , including 70 /120 (58.4%) from symptomatic non vaccinated chickens, and 30/30 (100%) from asymptomatic non vaccinated chickens. The molecular detection of avian infectious bronchitis virus by use of RT-PCR was applied to extract RNAs from tracheal tissues. The test was performed on (80 symptomatic non vaccinated chickens and 36 vaccinated and non vaccinated chickens). Detection was performed using universal types of primers including XCE2+ and XCE2- 80 symptomatic chickens were examined by RT-PCR (50 with positive ELISA and 30 with negative ELISA results), 36 (44.4 %) have detectable IBV-cDNA and the remaining 44 (55.6%) did not have detectable IBVcDNA. Another 36 (18 asymptomatic vaccinated and 18 non vaccinated chickens were examined by RT-PCR, 8 (22.2%) have detectable IBV-cDNA, and the remaining 28 (77.8%) were negative. This study has determined the presences of IBV in flocks of Duhok Governorate. The RT-PCR was used for the 1st time in detection of IBV in Duhok, and was found very efficient in detection of infected chickens. ELISA test was used and found very useful tool in diagnosis of infected chickens.
Abstract PDF HTML
  Cite this Reference:
Dyar Adil Morad AL-Barwary and Amer Abdallah Goreal, 2012. Diagnosis of Infectious Bronchitis Disease in Broiler Chickens by Serological Test (ELISA) and RT-PCR in Duhok.  International Journal of Animal and Veterinary Advances, 4(1): 71-75.
    Advertise with us
 
ISSN (Online):  2041-2908
ISSN (Print):   2041-2894
Submit Manuscript
   Current Information
   Sales & Services
   Contact Information
  Executive Managing Editor
  Email: admin@maxwellsci.com
  Publishing Editor
  Email: support@maxwellsci.com
  Account Manager
  Email: faisalm@maxwellsci.com
  Journal Editor
  Email: admin@maxwellsci.com
  Press Department
  Email: press@maxwellsci.com
Home  |  Contact us  |  About us  |  Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2009. MAXWELL Science Publication, a division of MAXWELLl Scientific Organization. All rights reserved